CATCHING UP WITH bB
It has been a while since we did our last post on the blog here. I did not get a chance to write amidst work which also involves a fair bit of travel Luckily, on my last work trip, I was able to catch up with Prasoon in bB's work space in Singapore. Here is what Prasoon and the team had been busy with, this summer. For those of you who are not on your mailing list, do read our newsletter to stay updated. In addition, I have a few notes :
1. Note to self and to all of you- The next time you are in Mumbai, please drop in at bB's first shelter project, the Salaam Balak Trust children's shelter at Andheri East. I wish I could see the mural in person. It looks wonderful in pictures!
2. We welcome Palita, our new photographer friend who is helping us document our projects. I would have loved to meet her when she was in New Delhi, but we had tight schedules. I am really inspired by not only her photographs, but also by the fact that for every paid job she gets, she donates an equal amount of time to non-profits and charities.
3. Kudos to bB's Bengaluru team for developing an app which locates homeless in an urban area- bB is truly getting creative in ways to reach out to the homeless.
4. A fun fact about Prasoon that I could not resist sharing- He looooves neon! Check out his masterplanning sketches for the Smile Village in Phonm Penh. Fluoroscent highlighters are prized possessions that he uses to illustrate his ideas (see below)
5. Don't forget to contribute and shop for bB Tshirts, tote bags and moleskine . They are beautifully designed and the bB team's attention to detail shows in the graphics.
We welcome your comments and ideas. Please email us (email@example.com) or leave us a comment here with your feedback,ideas and suggestions. We are still looking for guest bloggers and would love to have you contribute.